Monday, April 6, 2009

Escuela en Espanol

Today we began our formal schooling in a local language school here in San Cristobal called La Casa en el Arbol (house in the tree) www.lacasaenelarbol.org . There is actually a tree house on the property which apparently was built with no nails into the tree itself. There was lots of symbolism with the support beams being mankind, and the tree being nature, the ground being the earth, etc, etc, but due to the translation, I didn't get the complete concept.
I was told that if we don't do our homework tonight, this crazy Mayan warrior will sacrifice me to the gods, so we gotta go....
Chow for now.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how you do in your class and I am so proud of you for updating your blog. love the pictures! miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete